PCOD / PCOS Treatment in Gurgaon
Polycystic ovaries or polycystic ovarian disease or polycystic ovarian syndrome is a female gynecologic disorder of recent times. More and more women are being diagnosed with this complex gynecologic condition with various clinical manifestations. The incidence of polycystic ovaries in urban women seems to be as high as 10-18 %. It is a disorder of endocrine system in which one or both the ovaries have multiple developing eggs, leading to production of abnormal hormones many of which have androgenic side effects in the body.
PCOD may or may not have any symptoms. It may be diagnosed accidentally on a routine pelvic ultrasound or the woman may report to the doctor with few of the following symptoms
- Menstrual disturbances—Irregular /absent / scanty / heavy or prolonged periods.
- Increase in body weight or difficulty in losing weight.
- Signs of androgen excess in the body like increased body hair, acne, scalp hair loss, male pattern balding, increased muscle mass in the body, deepening of the voice etc.
- Pregnancy complications -Early abortions, gestational diabetes
- Type II diabetes, high blood pressure, increased cholesterol, abnormal lipid profile.
- Endometrial hyperplasia